Texan Locksmith’s commercial services are now available in Houston and other cities throughout Texas. Are you looking for an expert locksmith to work on the security system in your office? Need storefront security for your shop or restaurant? An alarm to protect your restaurant after hours? Texan can provide all of this and more!
We have many experts on staff who are well-versed and experienced in protecting all types of business. Whether you need just a little help with your locks or a comprehensive security consultation, we can promise the perfect solution for your business.
Commercial security: challenges and importance
Security for commercial buildings is often more complicated than for houses and apartments, for several reasons. First of all, many businesses have high-value merchandise and expensive items that need serious protection, as they are often singled out by burglars. Even a humble corner store has enough cash inside to make it a tempting target.
Stores, restaurants, offices and other commercial premises all need topnotch security, locks and other devices that perform up to the highest modern standards.
The high diversity of local businesses is another challenge. From corporate offices to small boutiques, Houston has it all. Businesses are housed in a wide variety of buildings, and every one requires individual attention. Depending on the structure of the business, its location, operating hours and the flow of customers and employees, the ideal security setup will be very different.
The situation is complicated even more because any security plan must take into account the convenience of both employees and clients. The right people have to get in easily, while the wrong people are kept out.
That’s a lot to wrestle with! Overall, it’s best to seek help only from a qualified professional, such as the technicians at Texan.
Considerations for your business
These are the questions you should ask yourself and a security professional.
- What are the biggest threats to my business? Are you more concerned about shoplifting, robbers or late-night burglars? Do you have sensitive documents or a lot of cash stored on your premises? Where is your most expensive merchandise or valuable equipment? When coming up with a security plan for your business, try to think what a thief is going to go after, and what’s most important for you to protect.
- How up-to-date are my security measures? Burglars are coming up with new tricks all the time, and it’s our job to help you stay one step ahead. Your business needs locks and alarms that are up to the latest standards, checked regularly and well maintained.
- Who needs access to the premises? Whatever security plan you come up with, it has to work for your customers, clients and employees. You should be very careful who gets copies of the keys, especially access to safes and secured areas – only give keys to employees who really need them, and if they get lost, change the locks immediately.
- When are your vulnerable hours? Late-night bars and restaurants are at higher risk of robbery. If your business is open after midnight, make sure you have lighting outside and extra personnel to account for this. In general, the most dangerous times for bars, restaurants and retail stores are at opening and closing. Always have at least two employees present at these hours.
- Do I have the right security equipment inside and out? It’s not all about locks and keys. External lighting is a very important aspect of commercial security, especially for storefronts. Inside your business, you should think about cameras, alarm systems and extra security around sensitive areas (safes, high-value merchandise, cash and document storage, etc.). Camera placement is crucial: they must cover critical areas, while placed so they aren’t easily tampered with.
Not sure about the answers to these questions? No problem! That’s what are team is here for. We will help you find the right solutions for your business – the right locks, alarms, storefront security and whatever else you need – and implement them correctly. Ask for a full consultation – we will inspect your premises in detail, offer recommendations and answer any questions you have.
Texan’s services for Houston businesses
Here at Texan, we offer a full range of services for all types of business.
Our expert technicians will install high security commercial locks, including industrial-strength padlocks. The best locks are only as good as their installation, and so we take care to set up every device precisely. We provide products from top manufacturers such as Medeco and Kaba Ilco that specialize in commercial security.
We set up and repair buzzer systems, master key systems and keyless entry systems, including keypad number combinations and swipe cards. We work with all types of CCTV cameras and alarm systems.
We also install electric strikes and interchangeable cores, and repair doors. We are experts in all aspects of storefront security.
No matter what job you need, you can be sure that the team at Texan will do it quickly, effectively, and for great low prices. We will provide the best possible protection for your business. Whether it’s a one-time quick fix or a long-term security partnership, we are available for you. Your business is your livelihood, and we are committed to protecting it.
Call today for more information!